SALAMANCA — Educators, servicemen and retired hobbyists have spent 27 hours going through rigorous adult education drone training in preparation for their FAA commercial drone pilot test.
Beyond drone-specific material, participants explored much of the ground-school information covered in the FAA’s knowledge test.
Topics covered included:
• Regulations relating to small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS).
• Airspace classification, interpretation of sectional navigation charts, operating requirements, and flight restrictions.
• Aviation weather sources and effects.
• UAS loading and performance.
• Emergency procedures.
• Aeronautical decision-making and crew resource management.
• Radio communication procedures.
• Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol.
• Airport operations.
• Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures.