SALAMANCA — There was smoke but no fire at Absolut Care, 451 Broad St., on Monday night.

Salamanca Fire Department responded to an alarm at 8:37 p.m. on the Second West unit for smoke in the hallway.

An unidentified Salamanca firefighter told the Olean Times Herald that it was caused by a burnt motor in the air conditioner unit on the second floor.

According to emergency radio communications, firefighters worked for several minutes to identify which unit was smoking.

Absolute Care Nurse Penny Chase said that no residents had to be evacuated during the incident.

Kill Buck Volunteer Fire Department and the Seneca Nation Fire Department were called on standby at 8:41, but they were not needed on the scene.

The Salamanca Fire Department left the scene at 9:19 p.m.